The Secrets of Dyrt
A downloadable game for Windows and Mac OS X
Long, long ago, even before the birth of our own solar system there were many other worlds. One of them was the magical world of Phantasar.
It's on this world, where we meet Eric Sylvertin. A young man who failed his warrior exam, and is desperately trying to prove himself despite all that. And so he foolishly takes on a mission from the "Queen of the Forgotten Realm". During this mission he meets somebody who claimed to be from the "Order of Onyx". After this meeting Eric is being hunted down by this order, but why? Eric deems himself a failure in anything, so what makes him so special? A mystery will slowly unfold itself, and Eric will need his friends, Irravona, Rebecca, Brendor and Seelah Gandra to find the truth of this matter. Is this what he wants to know?
The Secrets of Dyrt is a oldskool RPG game, NES/SNES style, but with a few different twists.
- Eight playable characters with each their own strengths, weaknesses and special abilities. Try out which combination of characters fits your way of playing best.
- Three difficulty settings, so that the game is accesible for beginners, but still a challenge for the tough guys.
- Turn Based combat on a timed basis (no it's NOT the ATB system)
- Scenario playable in both English and Dutch (translation of the game is very easy as long as the desired language has the roman alphabet).
- Many dungeons to explore
- A system that allows you to cancel combat
- An easy understand character development system, but one with many possibilities to work out your characters.
- Tons of achievements to go for.
- Playable with keyboard, mouse and gamepad
- And last but not least, a very fascinating story line.
I must also thank Widzy for his contribution to this game. Please visit bandcamp page about this game here: http://samuelwidzy.bandcamp.com/album/the-secrets-of-dyrt-ost
Unless you change these in your keyboard setup, the keys to use for basic controls are:
Arrow keys - Move character and move the cursor in combat and game menus
Enter or Spacebar - Confirm selection or perform basic action in the field.
C - Change the party leader
P - Party leader performs an action unique to him or her
R - Reset push block puzzles
Escape - Cancel
Tab - Summon the menu in the field
For gamepad the default controls really differ per brand and model of your gamepad, so you'll have to set this up right in the config menu. Basically any gamepad your OS can automatically detect should be supported by the game. Make sure that your gamepad has been plugged in and detected by the OS before starting up the game.
System recommendations - Windows:
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 10 (the game's behavior under Windows 8 and Windows XP is not known to me)
- Intel Core Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
- 2GB RAM or more
System recommendations - Mac:
- Intel processor (required)
- 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 or better
- OS X 10.6 (Leopard) or higher (the game was tested on 10.8 (Mountain Lion))
- 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory or better (since the Windows version appeared to run fine with 2 GB, I expect the same for the Mac version).
Please note, unless "(required)" is added to a point, the game will most likely run with lesser specs however, the game might run slowly. These values are only the values I got from a system analysis from the computers I used to test the game on.
(You can find more information and also the sourcecode there)
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.